Toby: Chocolate and white collie needs a new home

This area is for any lost or found appeals, including homes needed or available.

Toby: Chocolate and white collie needs a new home

Postby Lemonie » 04 Apr 2014, 22:58

Toby needs a collie aware home. Currently in Blackpool

** Please see post below for an update - 04.04.14 **

He is approx 7 months old and is a lovely boy who has been living with an older owner and has not been walked regularly. As a result he is very hyper and has developed some unwanted behaviours such as shadow chasing and jumping at windows when anybody passes. We do think that with the correct exercise all his behaviours will subside. He has left his owner and is currently living with Elaine who is a trainer and who is now assessing him. He was only neutered on Friday (28.03.14) and still has his stitched in. He has been on calming tablets from the vet (shame on them) until now but just needs to drain his tank. We have walked him 3 times a week and his has always been a lovely boy but very strong on the lead at first. He has been fine with all the other dogs if a little nervous at first.

Toby needs a collie aware home who can give him the exercise he needs and you will get love back in spades. I have tried him on a ball and he was interested so I don't think it would be hard to get him flyballing. If you are interested please message me and I put you in contact with Elaine.
Lemonie

Re: Toby: Chocolate and white collie needs a new home

Postby Lemonie » 04 Apr 2014, 23:08

Toby has only been with Elaine for a couple of days and is coming along leaps and bounds. He behaviour has already improved massively. Where he used to get to the door and jump literally from floor to ceiling, he is now waiting and sitting behind her waiting for the word. He has been off lead today, be it in an enclosed area, and has been bringing a tennis ball back which is fab in such a short time. He is fantastic with children although the children in question are very dog aware. He needs somebody who can continue to teach him the basics he has been lacking but is learning at a good rate.
Lemonie

Return to Lost, Found, Stolen & Homes Needed or Available