Whippet Cross

This area is for any lost or found appeals, including homes needed or available.

Whippet Cross

Postby JulieH » 20 Feb 2012, 13:39

Marley the whippet x is looking for a forever home. He is approximately 8 months old and a beautiful looking dog. His original owners were going to have him put to sleep because they didn't want him anymore. His current owners took him in, but their cats don’t like him so they are looking to rehome him. He is currently in East Yorkshire. For contact details and a photo email: keith.huggins@tesco.net.
JulieH

Re: Whippet Cross

Postby JulieH » 25 Feb 2012, 22:03

I've just found out why Marley was going to be put to sleep - he had become too heavy for the owner's children to carry around! Speechless! :shock:
JulieH

Postby riotous » 25 Feb 2012, 23:33

what! omg I've heard some stupid reasons for putting a dog to sleep, but this one takes the biscuit!
Pauline
riotous

Postby KateC » 26 Feb 2012, 20:25

Poor dog :evil: really makes you despair of the human race! Hope he finds a lovely home soon. x
Rowdy Flyball Team
rrrready rrrrrrrrrrrready balllllllly balllllllly rrrrrreeeeaaady GOOOOOOOO!
KateC

Postby bessamour » 27 Feb 2012, 11:05

The worst excuse I've ever heard, when my Digger was returned to me at the age of 2 1/2 (I'd bred him, family was highly recommended and I knew them well) was that he was too nice. He loved saying hello to everyone, adored children, other dogs, cats, in fact IMO he was perfect.
It isn't the first time I've heard this excuse for dumping a dog and it surely won't be the last. I think it must be a kind of jealousy on the part of the owners who like to think the dog only loves them, to the exclusion of everyone else.
Karma? They went straight out and bought a Rottie puppy that had health problems and a foul temperament (unlike most Rotties).
I wish they would introduce the Swiss animal protection laws in here. It is the strictest country in the world for animal protection/welfare.
To adopt/buy a dog you now have to undergo an exam. And that goes for breeders and owners of working dogs.
It wasn't very popular with dog owners when it first came out and there was an uproar.... but it works! People are now being more sensible about the breeds they buy and why they buy them.
Animal welfare laws in the UK are laughable
Valerie
Kate, Billie and Shannon, Dizzy
Sheffield Flyball Teams

One life. Live it.
bessamour

Postby KateC » 01 Mar 2012, 19:49

Cannot believe that - 'too nice' - stupid STUPID people :evil:
Rowdy Flyball Team
rrrready rrrrrrrrrrrready balllllllly balllllllly rrrrrreeeeaaady GOOOOOOOO!
KateC

Return to Lost, Found, Stolen & Homes Needed or Available