Tony Hodge

This area is for any other flyball(ish) related subject, not covered in the other areas.

Tony Hodge

Postby carolyn_savage » 12 Feb 2016, 12:04

I have pulled together for those of you not on Facebook details about Tony, and a link to the just giving donations page should you wish to contribute.

From Steve Leek - It is with great sadness that I have to inform you all that Tony Hodge, a great man, husband, father, friend and flyballer died tonight in Eileen's arms.
Tony was taken seriously ill at the end of last week with suspected pneumonia and admitted to hospital with extremely low oxygen levels. This however developed into a unknown infection causing an eventual shut down of his system.

From Eileen - Tony's funeral will be Wednesday 24th February at St Pauls Church Craig y Don Llandudno LL30 1UZ at 12pm. everybody will be welcomed to say their goodbyes. We are having family flowers only and donations will be taken towards a new Charity he wholeheartedly supported Therapy Dogs Nationwide and also to fund a memorial trophy for the British Flyball Association, a sport he was so passionate about.

From Eileen - Thank you everyone for all you outpouring of love for Tony and support for Tim and I. We loved each other passionately for 50 years, my world as it was has gone. We did some fantastic things together had some great times and some bad times but we faced them as one. Our flyball family, all of you will get me through this as you did when we lost our son and I know he will be in all our hearts forever and we will sit and laugh at things he said and did always. xxxxx

From me - This is the page if you want to give donations re Tony. We have 30 days to raise as much many as possible in his name. the money is being raised for a new Pet Therapy charity that is being set up by Eileen and others. Tony was a great supporter of Pet Therapy and was fully supporting Eileen in this project and would be over the moon to see good come out of this horrible situation.

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/Tony-Hodge
carolyn_savage

Return to General Flyball