Multi-breed and the 6 month rule

Discussions, queries and suggestions regarding BFA Rules and Policies

Multi-breed and the 6 month rule

Postby SpencerT » 29 Apr 2012, 10:01

Don't know if it is just how the rules are formatted, but my understanding from reading the rules was always that the 6 month rule does not apply to Multi-breed (rule 5.2, it is one of the sub-sections, could be a problem with how the rules are indented, the lettering / numbering or where the clause on MB is in general). How I had previously, thought that 'the spirit' of this bit was so as not to restrict teams from mixing it up, and being able to generate teams at different comps.

Due to struggling for our other regular MB dogs at the moment, may want to move my IWS into a different MB team for just a temporary 1 or 2 tournaments, then hopefully move him back to compete with his regular team.

Enjoy MB a lot, mostly due to the fact the he can compete at a good level - so wouldn't mind this rule clarifying.

Thanks

Spencer
SpencerT

Re: Multi-breed and the 6 month rule

Postby davidflood » 29 Apr 2012, 11:48

As i understand it the 6 month rule still applies to multibreed but is separate to open competition.

So you can run a dog with a multibreed team and you then have to stay with that team for 6 months. You can still run your dog with the normal open team but you cannot keep switching multibreed teams within the 6 months.

David Flood
Fenland Firestorm
davidflood

Postby riotous » 29 Apr 2012, 12:16

thought you were still allowed a team change before you were stuck for 6 months. So I ran with one team at easter, can change to another for say Drax, but then I have it stay with that team for 6 months.
luckily for most of us, the last multibreed was end August last year and the first this year was April, so over 6 months between them, allowing a change of multibreed teams from alst year to this.
Pauline
riotous

Postby KatieBurns » 29 Apr 2012, 14:26

Pauline is right you get one move and then you are linked to that team for 6 months.

I have raced Millie my cocker with Deva so far this season but would be allowed to move her back to our team as our one move and then she wouldn't be able to move again for 6 months (after which there would be no multibreed anyway)
KatieBurns

Postby riotous » 29 Apr 2012, 15:13

Thanks Katie, I thought I'd understood correctly, relieved to find that I have :D
Pauline
riotous

Postby SpencerT » 29 Apr 2012, 21:22

Cheers for the clarification guys. Helped me make a decision on the rest of the MB tournaments this year.
SpencerT

Return to Rules & Policies