Changes to the Regional Reps team
Due to an increase in her personal commitments, we are sad to confirm that Sharon Wise has retired from the role of Regional Rep for South West. The Committee and all RR team wish her well and she will be greatly missed by all of us, we would like to thank her for all her hard work and commitment to the role.
Maria Casley currently Regional Rep for Home Counties (South) will now be taking over as Regional Rep for the South West this will mean that we will have a vacancy for the Home Counties South. Maria currently lives in the South West region and has a great affinity for the area, we wish her every success in her new region.
Rachel Brown Regional Rep for South Wales & Severn is also retiring due to an increase in own personal commitments. She will be greatly missed by the team and again we would like to thank her for all her hard work and commitment. We wish her continued success with her own business.
We are also losing two other members of the RR team; Newly appointed BFA Secretary Rachel Short and BFA Treasurer Katie Burns will also be retiring from their Regional Reps roles as both have accepted roles within the Committee that will require more of their time and commitment. The Committee gain will be the RR team loss and they will both be greatly missed. Both have been with the team since the Regional reps were reformed in 2012 and we wish them every success in their new roles for the BFA.
The new vacancies will be North and East Yorkshire region and Cheshire, North Wales, Shropshire and Staffordshire.
Regional Representative Vacancies
The BFA have vacancies for the following regions:
North & East Yorkshire - York, Middlesbrough, Harrogate, Selby, Stockton on Tees, Cleveland
Cheshire, North Wales, Shropshire & Staffordshire
Home Counties (South) - Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Surrey, South London & Middlesex
South Wales and Severn - South Wales, Gloucestershire, Worcestershire & Hereford
Each regional representative will be responsible for their designated area. The primary purposes of the Regional Representatives will be to assist those who are new to flyball as a sport and those who have some experience of flyball but wish/require further assistance in starting a new team, hosting tournaments.
Other responsibilities will include;
• Advise on how to enter tournaments – including supplying seed times, height card forms etc.
• Advice for teams considering hosting their first tournament – What to do, who to contact etc.
• Ensure that BFA related communication reaches the membership and to pass any communication/feedback received from members back to the Committee.
• Keep a record of activities as a Regional Representative, this information will be logged and reported to the Regional Representative Co-ordinator on a regular basis.
Other actives will include:
· Faciliting Ring Party Training within your region
· Working with the team to pre-assess A.G.M. proposals prior to the agenda being produced
· Working with the team to facilite training at the Workshop held at the Champs
To become a regional representative a good knowledge of the following aspects of flyball are desirable:
1. A good understanding of the current BFA Rules and Policies
2. A good understanding of all associated BFA paperwork and their procedures
3. Practical experience/involvement of hosting a tournament
All representatives will have the on-going support of the Regional Rep Liaison; Jenni Wallace, communications within the regional rep community will be key to making the most success of this role and offering the best service to the BFA community. If you wish further details regarding the role please contact Jenni by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send applications to the BFA Secretary, Rachel Short, by email to email@example.com with details of why you feel you would be able to perform this role and with examples of your experience in relation to those shown above, accompanying this should be details of the region you are applying for. Closing date for applications: Friday 18th May 2018